- Do you fly year-round?
Yes, we operate year-round, Monday – Sunday, weather permitting. We close for Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year’s Eve, and New Year’s Day.
- What is the maximum weight capacity for a plane?
Maximum weight of each passenger is 250 pounds, and combined passenger and luggage weight should not exceed 1,000 pounds depending on the aircraft used.
- How many people can fly on the aircraft?
In addition to the pilot, there is room for either three passengers or seven passengers depending on the aircraft used. Children sitting on your lap are not permitted.
- What happens if there is a severe weather condition?
If weather cancellation occurs, we are happy to reschedule or issue a gift voucher for future use, good for up to 12 month of issue date.
- How can I check the safety record for your company?
We’re very proud of our long-standing safety record. In fact, safety is our highest priority. Safety records for air tours can be checked through the Federal Aviation Administration’s website at www.faa.gov.
- Are the tours available in another language?
We can provide Spanish-speaking tours with enough advance notice. Call us for details.
- How long have you been in business?
We’ve been in operation for 20 years. Learn more about us in the About Us section of our website.
- What does a private air charter entail?
A private air charter allows passengers to travel to their destination while enjoying a pleasurable, unique experience. Instead of long commutes by car, bus, or standing in line at a commercial airport, why not fly whenever you want, wherever you want in the convenience and privacy of your own charter flight?
Our charter air service provides you with greater flexibility and expands your choice of destinations. Go ahead and make your plans for a weekend getaway to the Bahamas, Florida Keys, or other relaxing tropical destinations by seaplane.
- Passengers are required to furnish appropriate Government-issued photo identification.
- All flights are subject to availability and weather.
- All flights are operated under the applicable Air Carrier regulations mandated by the FAA.
- Flights may be modified as necessary to avoid inclement weather or unsafe flying conditions. Refunds are issued in the event of circumstances resulting in the cancellation of a flight.
- Are there any discounts for children, senior citizens, travel club members, multiple bookings, etc.?
For groups of 10 or more passengers, we may offer special group rates.
- Can your tours accommodate disabled travelers?
Some disabled travelers may be accommodated, but it is not guaranteed. We encourage disabled travelers to contact us in advance to make arrangements if possible.
- Are you licensed and insured?
We are insured and licensed by the FAA to conduct tours and charters.
- How can I make a reservation?
You can make a reservation by calling 305-361-3909 or make a reservation request on our website; please allow 24 hours to receive confirmation. If using a gift card or a voucher; you can book with the unique code on our Booking Page on our website or call for a phone reservation(scanner or fax required). All gift cards require a reservation prior to the flight. Gift cards are not redeemable for walk-in customers. Gift cards are not redeemable for cash.
- Once I make my reservation, do I receive tickets for my tour?
You receive a boarding pass with your confirmation number. Please print this and present it to the attendant on the tour day. It is very important that you print your boarding pass and bring it with you! The boarding pass is your proof of reservation, purchase, and ticket, so please treat it as you would cash and keep it safe.
- It's a special day! Can I arrange something special?
We’d be pleased to help you coordinate something special for your seaplane tour if you call us in advance and it’s within our abilities.
- Do I get a window seat?
Every passenger gets a window seat and a headset that is connected to an intercom system.
- What if I get airsick?
It does happen. If you are prone to motion sickness, you should take whatever measures you normally take to combat it. In the event you do get sick, we do have sick sacks in the airplanes, and the pilot makes you aware of their location.
- Can I bring a camera on board?
Absolutely! You’re sure to get amazing photos. However, Miami Seaplane Tours does not accept responsibility for damaged or submerged electronics once on the aircraft or while boarding or disembarking the aircraft. No professional equipment is allowed on board. Please call us for film production packages.
- Can I get a refund?
All gift certificates, reservations, and merchandise sales are final.
- What should I wear?
Cool and comfortable clothing is best as we embark and land at our facility. Wear shoes suitable for walking on sand and possibly in water, and bring along a pair of sunglasses.
- Can I cancel a reservation?
You can only re-schedule a reservation for later use.
- What happens if I don’t show to my reservation?
If you don’t reschedule your reservation as per our cancellation policy signed at time of reservation, you will be subject to a fee equal to your charter or tour quote.
- There are three people in my party, but we want to make separate reservations with our own credit certificates. How do we make sure we are on the same airplane?
It’s very easy. When making the reservations, please advise us that you are joining other passengers on the same tour and give us their names. Please bring each of your separate vouchers.
- Are gratuities included in the price?
They are optional and at your discretion.
- Can I sit in the co-pilot seat?
The pilot will consider your request, but he makes the ultimate decision of who will be seated in the co-pilot seat based on weight and balance.
- Is there an expiration date for gift certificates?
Gift cards must be used within 12 months of issuance. All sales are final.
- Can I get a gift certificate replacement?
A gift certificates cannot be replaced. It acts as a proof of purchase, reservation, and serves as your ticket, so please treat your gift certificates like cash.
- When should I expect my gift certificate?
Our gift certificates are electronic and will be generated and emailed upon confirmation of purchase.
- Is the gift certificates transferable?
Yes! The gift certificate recipient or the purchaser can call our customer service department to transfer a gift certificate. Please have your gift certificate available.
- Can I upgrade my gift certificate?
You can upgrade your tour at the time of reservation. On-site upgrades are available only if our schedule permits.